Shu Uemura Sogo Mal Kelapa Gading Store Re-opening + 3D Brow Styling Demo

by - Sunday, September 06, 2015

I rarely came to beauty events, though I actually wanted to but usually they held on weekdays which I'm unable to attend T_T But last Saturday I was lucky enough to be able to attend Shu Uemura store re-opening at Sogo Mal Kelapa Gading. MKG is like.. my second home LOL I came here like every freaking Saturday, so when I knew Shu Uemura invited a few bloggers to attend their event there, I registered right away.




The main highlights of the event is not only about showcasing the new store concept & display but also to see SHU 3D Brow Styling demo by Shu Uemura certified make up artist. The event was semi-private with only a few bloggers gathered. The counter was quite packed that day, a lot of visitors came too to see the demo and to try the 3D Brow Styling of course.

Recently Shu Uemura launched new products to add into their brow collections : the brow:sword & brow:palette, and 3D Brow Styling is a signature service offered by Shu Uemura to create beautiful
3-dimensional brows, matching our desired style. They offer 4 brow styles to match with our style & mood : Natural, Sweet, Sharp & Glamorous.

I didn't get the pic of the brow collection and the new Haute Street collecion (my bad) because I was so drawn into the make up demo & their HUGE rack of lipsticks so I didn't pay attention to anything else @_@



credit : shuuemuasg


So, the event started straight with the live makeup & 3D Brow Styling Demo by Shu Uemura's certified make up artist, Ms. Dwi. 

Here's our model for the makeup session, Clara. She's very beautiful!! Her face is very proportional, look at that slim & slender neck! She doesn't have any single neck roll.  *seeing my own neck, weeps on the floor*




Some of the products used during the demo session :
Shu Uemura blanc:chroma Cleansing Oil, TSUYA Skincare (lotion, emulsion & essence) , Haute Street Stage Performer Smooth Out Primer & Lightbulb Foundation





The process started with cleansing as the very first step, using Shu Uemura blanc:chroma Cleansing Oil. Keep in mind that clean face is one of the most crucial part in order to achieve flawless make up, so the correct cleansing method is very important.

Here Ms. Dwi is demonstrating Shu Uemura's signature massage, she said every Shu make up artist should master this signature technique.

I personally can't imagine putting 'oil' onto my face right before putting my make up, but Ms. Dwi said despite being an 'oil', Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil would not leave any greasy residue on the skin



After cleansing is finished, we move on to the next step : skincare.

Skincare is important to prepare the skin before make up, here Ms. Dwi is using Shu Uemura TSUYA skincare range.

After the skincare is absorbed, it's now to create that flawless canvas using the best base and foundation from Shu Uemura. First, Ms. Dwi is applying Shu Uemura Lightbulb Foundation  using a beauty-blender-shaped sponge.The sponge is specially created to be used with Lightbulb Foundation for tapping and creating a glowing finish. Look at how radiant and glowy her skin now!

Since I have oily face, I prefer matte rather than glowy finish, but after I see how amazing Lightbulb foundation looks, I want to try one for myself :OoOo




Moving to the fun part : colors!!! Here Ms. Dwi is using pink shades from Shu Uemura warm x vibrant eye shadow palette. On the cheeks & lips is Shu Uemura Tint In Gelato. both products are part of Shu Uemura newest collection, The Haute Street.




And the 3D Brow Styling starts here, first Ms. Dwi is shaping the model's eyebrow using Shu Uemura newest brow product, brow:sword. Ms. Dwi is aiming for a sharp look so she draws the brow straight. After that she fills the eyebrow hair using Shu Uemura Eyebrow Manicure.




Here's the model final look, looks fresh without being heavy, as you can see her eyebrows are the main features here.

 I think she looks a bit like Chelsea Olivia o.o 




Since the store was quite packed and the Beauty Advisors seemed to be all busy, I didn't try their 3D Brow Styling, I was more interested in browsing the store myself, I swear I could hear their lipstick collection was calling me :Q



Now you may feast your eyes on these, COLORS EVERYWHEEREEE







The testers are quite in a good condition, even some of them are still new 
(well it's a new store anyway lol)


And this is the huge rack of lipsticks that I mentioned earlier. SAY WHATT?
 Colors arranged in  hue, from burgundy to red,  pink to coral shades, brown to nude, just beautiful T_T



  I seriously love Shu Uemura lipsticks' flat tip, I don't know why but it looks more alluring to me rather than regular bullet-shaped lipstick. 

Plus I don't need to worry much about ruining the lipstick shape since the tip has been flat from the start lol




 Browsing through their lipstick collection, these babies caught my eyes. The colors all look so pretty! 





And managed to try one of the lipsticks above, this time I challenge myself to try red, I'm wearing Yazbukey for Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte Lipstick in Yaz Red




I swear this is the best lipstick I've ever tried in my life T_T Call me pathetic but I actually never tried any high-end lipstick before. I literally fell in love with it at the first swipe, it's so smooth, velvety, and despite being a matte lipstick, it's not drying AT ALL!!




Why do good stuff always come with hefty price? *sigh*






And the makeup demo is done, so is the event. Before we part ways, Shu Uemura gave us bloggers a nice goodie bag filled with sweetness!





Cupcake with 3D Brow Styling printed on chocolate on top, Shu Uemura make up pouch,  brow:sword & Cream Eyeshadow!





I'm currently preparing a post to review both Shu Uemura products I received from the event, so please stay tune!






Thank you Shu Uemura & Ci Carnellin for the invitation~!






You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love the lipstick color you wear. Next time I go to Shu Uemura counter, will make sure to give it a try.

    Jean Milka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, yes you should give it a try! the red looks amazing

      Delete
  2. The model is too pretty
    and how cute is their lipstick packaginggggg <3
    Looks good on you

    Visit Valencialala.blogspot.com
    Shop @vanitygoods

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Anonymous with hateful comments & spams will be deleted

Instagram